The ADA Compliance Office is committed to ensuring equal access for all stakeholders.聽
The ADA Compliance Office was established in July 2021 and charged with monitoring, coordinating, and recommending action toward the State and Federal Laws and guidelines governing equal access to all occupants and visitors of 皇家华人 facilities.
The primary services of the ADA Compliance Office are:
The ADA statute identifies who is a person with a disability, who has obligations under the ADA, general non-discrimination requirements, and other basic obligations. It delegates fleshing out those obligations to federal agencies. The agencies issue regulations and design standards.
The regulations have the details on the rights of people with disabilities and the responsibilities of employers, state and local governments, transportation providers, businesses, and non-profit organizations. The design standards specify how many entrances need to be accessible, how many toilet rooms and the design for those elements. To know what the ADA requires, you should read the laws, regulations, and design standards. Please see the links below.
ADA Regulations and Design Standards
1. A School or Department requesting the services of a sign language interpreter for a parent, employee, or member of the general public should complete the Request for Sign Language Interpreter Form and fax it to Deaf Focus. The District has an agreement with Deaf Focus to provide American Sign Language services. The request should be generated at least ten (10) working days before the date services will be provided.
3. Cancellations occurring less than one business day in advance of the scheduled assignment will be charged the full time scheduled.
4. A copy of the Request Form must be sent to the 皇家华人PSS ADA Compliance Office. (Failure to provide the ADA Compliance Office with a copy of the request will result in your school or department is responsible for any fees incurred.)
5. For confirmation of the interpreter’s availability, the school or department requesting the services should contact the providing agency at least two (2) working days after submitting the request.
6. The school’s or department’s responsibility is to inform the agency providing the interpreter(s) of any cancellation. (Failure to properly cancel will result in the school or department being responsible for any fees incurred.)
7. During an assignment, if the interpreter is dismissed prior to the originally requested time, the fee for the scheduled time will be charged.
8. The agency providing the interpreter will submit the invoice(s) directly to the 皇家华人PSS ADA Compliance Office.
3112 Valley Creek Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70808, Suite E
Phone: (225) 319-5586
Fax: (225) 308-4025
Contact: Jay Isch
Form blanks marked with a * are required.